May 22, 2013

five splendid fictional villains

5| Scar from The Lion King.
"Life's not fair, isn't it? You see, I, on my end, will never be king, and you... Shall never see the light of another day."

Scar is on this list because he killed Mufasa, which completely mortified me as a child, and I will never forgive him. He's also voiced by Jeremy Irons, is oddly attractive in a lion-y sort of way, and can sing a pretty beast villain song.

4| Jadis the White Witch from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.
"Understand the you have given me Narnia forever, you have lost your own life and have not saved his. In that knowledge, despair and die."

Jadis is the witch who enslaves the land of Narnia in one-hundred years of winter. She's not complex, in fact she's purely evil, and has no ulterior motives to her madness other than being completely evil. However, she drives a polar bear chariot and temporarily succeeds in slaying her nemesis, which makes her a pretty hard-core villainess. 

3| Captain Hook from Peter Pan (2003)
(gif)
 Jason Isaacs, (whom you may also know as Lucius Malfoy,) from the 2003 version of Peter Pan, (AKA my childhood,) has always been my favorite Captain Hook. In case you missed it, he is a pirate. He wears a hook, a goatee, guyliner, and a bloody attractive hat. He is also mildly complex, which makes him considerably more intriguing.

2| James Moriarty from the many novels & adaptions of Sherlock Holmes.
"Every fairytale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me or you're nothing. Because we're just alike, you and I. Except you're on the side of the angels."

James Moriarty, the good old-fashioned villain. He's the archenemy of Sherlock Holmes and one of his only intellectual equals.  He's utterly insane, which makes him an extremely enthralling villain. And honey, you should see him in a crown.

1| Loki from Thor and The Avengers.
"I am Loki, of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose." 
There is nothing better than an emotionally complex villain. Especially an attractive one.
Loki, the god of mischief and Tumblr, is the adopted prince of Asgard and the main antagonist of his brother, Thor, and S.H.I.E.L.D. In addition to being ridiculously pretty, Loki is my favorite villain because of the heart-wrenching conflict with Thor and the emotional dynamics he adds to his story.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, love this list! One of my favorite villains is Mr. Yang from the show Psych, just because she has that evil smile. But the actress who plays her was actually in the Breakfast Club - not very menacing!:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I'm blogging hopping today, I found your blog! And Moriarty and Loki are two of my most favorite villains too! :D I'm going to check out more of your blog because I think we have some things in common--I hope so, anyway!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Loki.....poor guy. He just needs a hug.

    ReplyDelete